To travel out of the country or to an area with environmental and climatic conditions different from your home area, might cause many problem to you. One of the problems that possibility is that you are suffer kind of disease. If you are just sick because suffering from exhaustion maybe you can recover only with a lot of rests, but there are some diseases that might infect you when you do your tour.
According to the experts of allergy immunology, travel trip are potentially transmit disease, especially diseases that are transmitted through coughing and sneezing and transmission fast. In certain diseases can result in death, such as meningitis. The experts stated that the vaccination, is the primary protection to prevent infection as there was quite a lot of diseases that can be prevented with a vaccine. The vaccine should be done 2 weeks to 1 month before the departure traveled.
There are a number of diseases that are categorized as "travel disease" who infectious or potentially be a carrier (carrier). Here are some diseases that you should be aware of and maybe infect on you when you do your travel trip:
1. Typhoid is a disease transmitted through food or water contaminated with the feces of infected people. The cause is a bacterium Salmonella thyphii.
2. Tetanus is one of dangerous infections because it affects the nervous system and muscles, is caused by a neurotoxin (tetanopasmin) of gram-positive anaerobic bacterium Clostridium tetani.
3. Tuberculosis or TB. Caused by the bacterium Microbacterium tuberculosis. Transmitted through the air contaminated with bacteria that are released when TB patient coughs. These bacteria enter and accumulate in the lungs and multiply, especially in people with low immunity.
4. Hepatitis, inflammation or swelling of the liver is an important organ. There are five viruses that cause hepatitis, namely hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E.
5. HIV / AIDS. The HIV virus takes a long time to cause the deadly AIDS syndrome. Transmission is mainly through body fluids or blood.
6. Japanese encephalitis. A disease that attacks the central nervous system that cause inflammation of the brain suddenly. Japanese encephalitis caused by the virus.
7. Malaria. Caused by the bite of the Anopheles mosquito or injections with a needle that has been used previously malaria.
8. Meningitis. Meningococcal meningitis is caused by the bacterium Neisseria meningitidis is transmitted through the air by splashing saliva while talking, coughing or sneezing of people with or carrier. This disease can lead to disability and death.
9. Flu. There are several different types of the flu, the flu is generally transmitted by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses). The most common symptoms are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle aches, cough, and fatigue. The disease is mainly found in the winter.
10. Yellow fever. Acute systemic disease caused by a virus called Flavivirus. In severe cases can cause high fever, bleeding into the skin and death of cells in the kidney and liver.