Because in my country already February 14 and I am awake in the middle of the night then let's talk about the Valentine's Day. I will not talk about the historical of Valentine's Day, because sometimes the origin/history behind something is absurd or contradictory but in fact a lot of people agree chosen February 14 as the day of love. Many couples in the world will have special moment in February 14, they will date, gift , etc. Ya.. Valentine's day always synonymous with chocolate, the color pink, flowers or greeting cards.
Celebration of Valentine's day is a tradition so why not to talk about Valentine'd day, ya..this article is special to lover all around the world who celebrate the love day. So I think it is interesting to share the facts behind each day which falls on 14 February. Let's take a peek!
- 90% of Canadians will buy gifts for their partner on Valentine's Day.
- 51% of couples want to celebrate Valentine's Day with a romantic dinner.
- 67% of single men and women dare to make a first date on Valentine's Day.
- 73 percent of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- 15 percent of American women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
- Besides America, Valentine's Day is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Australia, Denmark and Italy.
- The most fantastic gift of love is the Taj Mahal in India. Taj Mahal was built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his wife.
- Every Valentine's Day, the Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare's lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet.
- # 1 gift choice for Valentine's Day is chocolate.
- In the 1800's physicians commonly advised in patients who gutted to eat chocolate, because it can claim their pain. To this day, many women find comfort in a box of chocolates when dealing with a broken heart.
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolate for Valentine's Day in the 1800's.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
- 65% of couples calling the pet's name with the title Honey, Babe and Honey.
- About 3 percent of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.
- 220,000 is the average number of marriage proposals on Valentine's Day each year.
- Approximately 145 million Valentine's Day cards were sent in the U.S. each year according to the U.S. Greeting Card Association. It is the second largest card sending Christmas with 1.6 billion units, followed by Mother's Day with 133 million units.
- Women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines.
- A recent poll found that one in ten adults admitted to feeling lonely, insecure, depressed, or who do not want Valentine's Day.
- 40% of people have negative feelings about Valentine's Day.
- The first Valentine's Day card was sent by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London. He remained a prisoner of war for twenty-four years
I don't know who did these polls but the poll results are interesting. Never become a short minded, I think it fine to have something special with couple although we are celebrate love for everyday. Ok.. Let's make the memorable moment with the people you love. Happy Valentine's Day!